In this case, MSPs, or Managed Service Providers, contact the NOC team to quickly resolve any issues. Help desk engineers with aMasters degree earn the highest average salary, at $64,293 annually. Help desk engineers with a Doctorate degree earn an average annual salary of $61,073. If you want to start your career as a help desk engineer without much hassle, check out help desk engineer the list of schools where you’re sure to be accepted in no time. We compiled admissions rates, average SAT scores, average ACT scores, and average salary of students 6 years after graduation to uncover which were the easiest schools to get into for help desk engineers. If you’re ready to enter the world of Information Technology (IT), you need job-ready skills.
- While most companies that hire help desk engineers pay close attention to the initial cost of hiring, ongoing costs are much more significant in the long run.
- You can also join relevant communities and forums to connect with other professionals in your industry.
- If the best universities for help desk engineers are out of your price range, check out these affordable schools.
- A Network Operation Center Engineer or a NOC engineer is an expert in the management and monitoring of a network from any centralized location.
They communicate with clients, identify problems, and provide effective and user-friendly solutions over phone, email, chat, and ticketing systems. In general, senior infrastructure engineers earn the most working in the hospitality industry, with an average salary of $123,360. A senior infrastructure engineer specializes in designing and developing systems and infrastructures based on client preferences and industry standards. They have the duty to identify and understand the project’s needs, streamline project requirements, produce drafts, create prototypes and models, and establish tests to identify potential issues and ensure the projects’ quality.
Help Desk Engineer career paths
This course enables you to develop the skills to work with computer hardware and operating systems, and is your first step to prepare for all types of tech related careers that require IT Fundamental skills. First, learn about the essential software brain of a computer—its operating system software when you explore Microsoft Windows. In general, senior infrastructure engineers hold similar degree levels compared to help desk engineers. Senior infrastructure engineers are 4.0% more likely to earn their Master’s Degree and 0.2% less likely to graduate with a Doctoral Degree. 51.1% of help desk engineers graduate with a bachelor’s degree, and 6.3% of people in this position earn a master’s degree.
Help desk engineers often get their degrees at University of Phoenix, DeVry University, and Strayer University. Completing a Professional Certificate or other types of education can be worthwhile. For example, IBM offen IT Support Professional Certificate that you can use to gain vital IT skills and experience. Additionally, those who complete this certification course receive an IBM digital badge and access to exclusive job placement resources. Senior infrastructure engineers average a higher salary than the annual salary of help desk engineers. Information engineers typically earn higher educational levels compared to help desk engineers.
How to Become a Help Desk Technician in 3 Steps
While help desk technicians overlap in some ways with titles like IT support technician, they are ultimately not the same. Someone in a help desk support role, on the other hand, is likely to help users resolve more straightforward matters, such as a forgotten password. They may escalate complicated technical problems like faulty products to IT support. They use their technical knowledge of hardware and software to help troubleshoot problems users encounter. Beyond that technical proficiency, they must also have excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers.
- If you’re ready to enter the world of Information Technology (IT), you need job-ready skills.
- Additionally, those who complete this certification course receive an IBM digital badge and access to exclusive job placement resources.
- You can gain the qualifications you need to become a help desk technician with the following walkthrough.
- The majority of Network Operations Center Engineers in the United States are males.
- The core subjects of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science teach the students how to understand and troubleshoot a wide variety of network errors and the expected complications.
- The annual salary of desktop support specialists is $7,482 lower than the average salary of help desk engineers.
- This is because this degree covers an extensive variety of topics related to computers.
Following the activity of industry leaders on social media or YouTube can be an effective way to keep up-to-date. This practice can help you discover in-demand skills employers are currently interested in. You https://remotemode.net/ can also join relevant communities and forums to connect with other professionals in your industry. You can gain the qualifications you need to become a help desk technician with the following walkthrough.
How to become a help desk engineer
On the other hand, senior infrastructure engineers use skills like cloud, aws, azure, and powershell on their resumes. A desktop support technician is responsible for assisting end-users with their network issues, grant authorization requests, and create user accounts. Desktop support technicians maintain the safety and security of networks, preventing unauthorized access and illegal dissemination of database information. They also handle the software configurations and upgrading the network infrastructure to avoid system downtimes and operational delays.
As you move along in your career, you may start taking on more responsibilities or notice that you’ve taken on a leadership role. Using our career map, a help desk engineer can determine their career goals through the career progression. For example, they could start out with a role such as systems administrator, progress to a title such as information technology manager and then eventually end up with the title information technology director.